The ISOLATE II Plant DNA Kit provides a simple, efficient column-based method for the isolation of genomic DNA from a wide variety of plant materials, without the need for hazardous reagents such as phenol.By combining the stringency of CTAB lysis with the speed and ease-of-use of silica-membrane purification, the ISOLATE II Plant DNA Kit provides a fast method for the purification of high-quality genomic DNA from most plant cells, particularly those rich in polysaccharides, including leaves, bark, roots and fruits as well as dung, animal-fecal, soil and compost samples.Some plant tissues do not lyse well in CTAB and so an SDS-based lysis buffer is also provided as an alternative. Residual amounts of RNA remaining can be removed using an RNase treatment during lysis with RNase A that is supplied with the kit. The ISOLATE II Plant DNA Kit has been designed to deliver optimal performance in qPCR in tandem with the SensiFAST Real-Time PCR Kits and in end-point PCR with any enzyme from the Bioline PCR portfolio, including MyTaq DNA Polymerase.
- Fast – streamlined protocol for reliable recovery of genomic DNA from six samples in as little as 30 minutes
- High-performance – extraction of high-quality DNA, ideal for use in all downstream applications
- Efficient – optimized lysis conditions and column matrix for improved recovery of genomic DNA from a wide range of plant samples
- Versatile – a choice of two lysis buffers ensures excellent genomic DNA recovery from any plant material
- Convenient – kit includes all necessary components, including filters (shredders) and RNase A